Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vienna, Dance Haven

"If there is a dance God, we just found it". It all began with me being frustrated as we are taken to one western club after another. Tonight, we were once again taken to a pub with no local flavour or culture and after a mix up in communication, like a heard of sheep I followed the group to the bus instead of to what I thought was the next destination that evening. Fed up, I jumped ship with two other volunteers. After asking a few locals for some suggestions we came up with nothing forgetting it was a Sunday night and not everyone is on vacation like us. Nut luck would have it we stumbled into a skate park and some locals simply said, wait 15 mins I know a place and I will walk you there. We proceeded down a bridge covered in grafitti, down some sketch alley and into 'Flex,' an underground, indie dance club. Young, talented DJs, energetic and consuming vibes in Vienna! Finally the taste of the Europe dance scene I was waiting for, unbelieveable.

No comments:

Post a Comment