Thursday, October 8, 2009

Eastern Europe- revenge of the bottled water

It has become apparent that an individual is supposed to avoid drinking tap water in Eastern Europe due to some weird water treatment system. So, naturally I curse the bottled water and the waste it creates on our eco-system, but in this situation I have little to no choice. Day 1- in Poland we decide to buy the cheap water... it turns out to be strawberry water! Yuck! Whomever created flavored, aspartame water should be outright punished! Day 4- Ukraine, I buy a 2 L water that is in fact carbonated. How do I discover this? While opening it on the overnight train and it explodes all over me and the train window, sleeper and carpet. Perhaps that is why we were held up for 3 hours at customs in the Hungarian boarder.
I curse you bottled water!

No comments:

Post a Comment