Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mountain Fever- Switzerland


Guten Tag! We arrived in Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland to awe-inspiring scenery. The mix of rolling hills, mountian terrain, quaint cabins and adorable town folk that will melt even the blackest of hearts. We only had time for a nice dinner in camp before dancing the night away in a bomb shelter, Contiki style themed 'P' party. I was the Paper bag Princess, get it?? well no one else did because aparently they dont get that fairy tale in australia, lol. I danced til my hearts content and awoke with little sleep for a big day up to the highest point in Europe, Jungfraubahnen in the Jungfrau region of Switzerland. Still following? Mainly, its a scenic train that goes up the swiss alps. I cannot begin to describe the beauty, it was unreal and made me miss sweet home Alberta. At the top we were drunk on the altitude and my bunk mate (an Aussie gal) and I spent the first hour giggling at our unexpected sloppiness. We then proceeded to the ice palace, huskey dog sled ride, and an aussie's 1st toboggan ride. The 22 yr old says to me, 'i'm scared' so i gave her a big push.
I love seeing someone experience snow for the first time, it is very precious! I gives us perspective on what we take for granted as Canadians and constantly complain about. So, at the next big dump of snow, perhaps take a minute to dust of the old toboggan and enjoy the bliss of the great white north.

No comments:

Post a Comment