Saturday, September 5, 2009

London Calling


Well, I arrived safe in sound in London-town and added two stamps to the old passport, Iceland and England! I was greeted by some very wonderful Canucks that have made my transition much easier. I think I often stop dead in my tracks and quickly grab my host, Joe and state 'Oh my, I am in London!" The architecture is nothing short of breath taking and a recent obsession with 'the Tutors' has allowed me to understand some of the history that is constantly surrounding me. I have been museum hoping (thanks to the free admission) but will admit I paid to get into the 'Wallace and Gromit' exhibit at the science museum :) Grommmmiiitttt (insert shaking half fisted hands). You certainly cannot see all of London in 2 and a half days but I am willing to try. Big Ben, London Tower, Saint Pau'ls cathedral, oddly shaped cars with matching drivers sitting on the wrong end, my first oyster, loads of tea and crumpets. I have a half day tomorrow and then I meet up with the Contiki trip and the whirl wind begins.
See you on the other side,
-Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment