Monday, November 30, 2009

Beachbum to skibum


I have spent two weeks on the beach of Koh Chang reflecting my three month travel journey and watching the sunset over the sand for the last time. The people I have met, the glorious food I have eaten and the cultures I have briefly experienced will leave a strong impact on me. As I finally allow my body to relax and my ginger skin to burn, this trip has only wet my appetite and further fueled my desire to travel. But after eating a pancake at breakfast and realizing there will once again be no maple syrup, I am ready to go back to Canada and hang up my backpack for now. I will be living in Panorama working on the ski hill for the meantime- beachbum to skibum.
Its not goodbye but as they say in Cambodia, 'Goodluck to you'.

No comments:

Post a Comment